Tuesday, September 7, 2010

some people may be wishing for failure

I cannot tell you how much it bothers me that some people would rather have Obama's economic plans fail than succeed; that they would rather prolong the recession than end it in order to "win" the midterm elections.  Being right is more important to them than results.  It's like I like my team more than I like yours, and so I will always cheer for it no matter what.  I like the Bears and some people like the Packers.  I ALWAYS cheer for the Bears over the Packers, but let's say you told me if the Packers win the nation benefits.  Well that's just silly.  Then I'd cheer for the Packers not the Bears.  Of course!  I like the Donkeys and maybe you like the Elephants.  The Donkeys are moving the ball down the field and if they get it in the end zone the nation wins.  If you like the Elephants, are you willing for the nation to suffer more if that stops the Donkeys from scoring. Why?  If you are an Elephant, have you ever awaited the jobs report and hoped unemployment was up (and you've stopped the Donkeys from moving the ball)?  Do you know those are actual people that are unemployed?  It is not just the statistics that are unemployed.  Families that are trying to feed, clothe, care for and even send their children to college.  Ah, never mind, this is an incoherent thought, but at least it's out of my head and down on e-paper so I can get back to your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment